Skip to content

How to apply for UIF

If you are unemployed or have had your hours reduced, you can claim directly from the UIF. The UIF offices are closed, but you can register online at From the home page, click on the ‘Activate my uFiling account’ button and follow the on-screen instructions. You will receive a case number to track your progress. Alternatively you can email for guidance.

Confirm with your employer that they have registered – and if not, alert the department of labour and the UIF directly.